Booking a room safely
Although we have a team of moderators that work 24/7 to ensure the safety of our users, sometimes scammers slip through by using different methods to bypass our moderation. Thus, it is important that the users follow certain precautions to help protect themselves online.
- Do not send money via Western Union, Money Gram or by any other means.
- Do not book the room before viewing it first to ensure that the photos you have seen on the ad reflects the actual room.
- Beware of fake Roomgo representatives that act as an intermediate between the landlord and the tenant. We will never communicate on behalf of our users.
- All payments that are to be made to Roomgo are done on our website only. We do not ask our users by email for deposits to book or view rooms, nor by transferring the money by other means.
- If relocating to a new country, it is far safer to arrange viewings when you arrive, rather than arranging anything remotely.
In the run up to your big move, keep in contact with the advertiser by telephone. You may also like to arrange a remote viewing on a video call platform – such as Skype.